From: Dodie

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001012613:30:26
Subject: Grading policy

In our county homework can count for no more than 15% of a student's grade. I make sure that happens. When I give homework students get credit for their effort. We go over every problem given and students get a chance to see where they made mistakes, if any. If a student does no homework the highest grade that they can obtain is a "B"(85%). I teach Honors Algebra I to gifted 7th graders and Geometry Honors to gifted 8th grades. I have to use the high school grading scale, since these classes are high school classes. The students also receive credit for high school early, in middle school. Grades are based on the following categories: Test/Quizzes - 70% Homework - 15% other assignments - 15% (projects, classwork, notebooks, cooperative learning assignments, etc.) Students are told the classroom expectations at the beginning of the school year, and are also reminded of them throughout the year. I hope this helps. Dodie

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/