From: Pam <yurgils@avenew.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001020300:52:06
Subject: Re: Re: Another way to grade homework

On 28 Jan 01 00:08:28 -0500 (EST), Janice wrote:

>I have a question. What is to prevent the student from completing
>their homework as it is corrected by the class and claiming it was
>previously attempted?

What I do is require that students ALWAYS complete their homework in
pencil.  They are to make their corrections in class in PEN only!  You
can see anyone using a pencil quite easily.  If their homework is done
in pen originally, I do not award any credit... Sometimes someone will
tell you that they did not have a pencil and ask if they can check it
with a differnt color ink for that day.  I tell them okay and ask them
to write me a note on the top of their paper.  This way, they're sure
to remember next time!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®