Q&A #5103

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Grading policy

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Pam

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001020300:52:06
Subject: Re: Re: Another way to grade homework

On 28 Jan 01 00:08:28 -0500 (EST), Janice wrote: > > >I have a question. What is to prevent the student from completing >their homework as it is corrected by the class and claiming it was >previously attempted? > What I do is require that students ALWAYS complete their homework in pencil. They are to make their corrections in class in PEN only! You can see anyone using a pencil quite easily. If their homework is done in pen originally, I do not award any credit... Sometimes someone will tell you that they did not have a pencil and ask if they can check it with a differnt color ink for that day. I tell them okay and ask them to write me a note on the top of their paper. This way, they're sure to remember next time!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®