From: Chris <ChrisKrook@gmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005082112:14:57
Subject: Re: Re: Grading policy for homework

Having followed my entire education in the Netherlands I can say that:
- I never had homework in elementary school
- in high school there were teachers who checked homework for
completion . If you hadn't attempted it (accuracy not checked) you
were sent out of the classroom and had to come back when you tried it.
I am not saying this is good. This is just to give an example of how
some teachers in Europe do indeed not give any credit for not doing HW
but do penalize you (in a, I think, bad way).
- mostly however, there was no grade whatsoever for HW. It was just
expected you did your homework.

note: in the Netherlands there are different levels of high schools.
I went to the college-preparing level (VWO) in which I think you have
less problems with HW being handed in than at the "lower" levels.

Hope this helps a bit
Chris

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question