From: Gina <dolphinsdive@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004101722:15:56
Subject: Re: Re: re: grading policy

I teach 6th grade math.  My students will do one project each nine
weeks.  The first project is a school wide survey, in which they will
share their results in the form of a relative frequency chart,
cumulative frequency chart, graph, and a paragraph summarizing the
survey that explains:  question asked, sample or population, random or
not, biased or unbiased, and use of a biased or unbiased question in
survey.
Next nine weeks they will be taking a trip to another country, on the
internet from my website
http://www.orgsites.com/fl/mrstaranto5thgrade/index.html.  They will
calculate cost of transportation, hotel, food, and entertainment and
create a poster to share the information they learn about their trip.
The only way I have found to grade projects is the use of a pre-made
rubric.  I have one for the first project, if you would like to see
it.
Have fun with.  Another project I have thought of is creating a
trading card on a famous mathematician.

Gina

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question