From: Gina

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004101722:15:56
Subject: Re: Re: re: grading policy

I teach 6th grade math. My students will do one project each nine weeks. The first project is a school wide survey, in which they will share their results in the form of a relative frequency chart, cumulative frequency chart, graph, and a paragraph summarizing the survey that explains: question asked, sample or population, random or not, biased or unbiased, and use of a biased or unbiased question in survey. Next nine weeks they will be taking a trip to another country, on the internet from my website http://www.orgsites.com/fl/mrstaranto5thgrade/index.html. They will calculate cost of transportation, hotel, food, and entertainment and create a poster to share the information they learn about their trip. The only way I have found to grade projects is the use of a pre-made rubric. I have one for the first project, if you would like to see it. Have fun with. Another project I have thought of is creating a trading card on a famous mathematician. Gina

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/