Q&A #5170

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Math and elections

View entire discussion

From: Bob Lochel

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000112016:48:56
Subject: In my class...

I wanted to take a moment to share an activity I did with all of my classes this past week. Since it was election time, I gave all students a list of 5 mathematicians (Gauss, Euclis, Archimedes, Euler, and Noether). Their job was to research each, write a few sentences on their accomplishments, then write a paragraph voting for the one they believed to be "the Greatest Mathematician of All Time". They were given a week to do this (out of class), and I was surprised at how well they did, and the interesting discussions we had afterwards. Most kids were able to find at least one thing they found interesting.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®