Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #5170

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Math and elections

View entire discussion

From: Bob Lochel <rlochel@hatboro-horsham.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000112015:48:56
Subject: In my class...

I wanted to take a moment to share an activity I did with all of my
classes this past week.  Since it was election time, I gave all
students a list of 5 mathematicians (Gauss, Euclis, Archimedes, Euler,
and Noether).  Their job was to research each, write a few sentences
on their accomplishments, then write a paragraph voting for the one
they believed to be "the Greatest Mathematician of All Time".  They
were given a week to do this (out of class), and I was surprised at
how well they did, and the interesting discussions we had afterwards.
Most kids were able to find at least one thing they found interesting.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/