From: Sue
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002082114:26:41
Subject: Re: Re: math and female

The question "When will we ever need this?" has only been asked once
in the last three years in my seventh grade math classes. We have been
using the Math in Context series in which almost all lessons are
presented in a "real-life" situation. There are a number of
short-comings  with this curriculum material, but it certainly
convinces students that real people use the math they are learning.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/