Q&A #5199

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Factors that affect girls in math

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Sue

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002082115:26:41
Subject: Re: Re: math and female

The question "When will we ever need this?" has only been asked once in the last three years in my seventh grade math classes. We have been using the Math in Context series in which almost all lessons are presented in a "real-life" situation. There are a number of short-comings with this curriculum material, but it certainly convinces students that real people use the math they are learning.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®