From: Melissa <swiper_no_swiping@comcast.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007101015:50:43
Subject: Re: Girls' Attitudes, Self-Expectations, and Performance in Math

I have to agree with everything you guys (and girls:)) have said. I'm
in the seventh grade and I don't really like math that much because my
teacher never lets us talk.  Whenever I get stuck on a problem, I like
to ask the person next to me about it, but my teacher yells at me when
I do. It's extremely frustrating. None of the real life problems are
interesting, so I usually end up doing my HW in class because I'm too
bored. I wish my teacher could make math more interactive, because
then I would have more fun.  After all, I'm in Algebra Two in seventh
grade, when I'm only supposed to be in Algebra One. But, I have to
disagree with some of you, I love science. My teacher is a quirky guy,
but he always keeps us on our toes so that we are intersested in
learning.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®