From: Melissa

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007101015:50:43
Subject: Re: Girls' Attitudes, Self-Expectations, and Performance in Math

I have to agree with everything you guys (and girls:)) have said. I'm in the seventh grade and I don't really like math that much because my teacher never lets us talk. Whenever I get stuck on a problem, I like to ask the person next to me about it, but my teacher yells at me when I do. It's extremely frustrating. None of the real life problems are interesting, so I usually end up doing my HW in class because I'm too bored. I wish my teacher could make math more interactive, because then I would have more fun. After all, I'm in Algebra Two in seventh grade, when I'm only supposed to be in Algebra One. But, I have to disagree with some of you, I love science. My teacher is a quirky guy, but he always keeps us on our toes so that we are intersested in learning.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/