Q&A #5199

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Factors that affect girls in math

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Dorinda Breeland

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002061809:41:11
Subject: Re: Factors that affect girls in math

Before my daughter entered high school, I asked several schools if they had segregated math and science classes. They did not. It was for this reason that I enrolled my daughter in an all girls school. Now, as she graduates, she verbalizes her appreciation for this education, explaining that inside the healthy verbal exchange of all women, the dynamic changes instantly when a boy enters the room. They cannot help themselves. They become coy and attentive to the male. I made the right decision, but why can't public schools make this simple yet obvious decision to segregate these classes?

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®