From: Dorinda Breeland <dorindaduncan@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002061809:41:11
Subject: Re: Factors that affect girls in math

Before my daughter entered high school, I asked several schools if
they had segregated math and science classes. They did not.  It was
for this reason that I enrolled my daughter in an all girls school.
Now, as she graduates, she verbalizes her appreciation for this
education, explaining that inside the healthy verbal exchange of all
women, the dynamic changes instantly when a boy enters the room.  They
cannot help themselves.  They become coy and attentive to the male. I
made the right decision, but why can't public schools make this simple
yet obvious decision to segregate these classes?

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/