From: jmwinston <jmwinston@syrupcity.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002041621:49:11
Subject: Re: a Tutors opinion

I agree.  I teach developmental math at a local vo-tech and I find
that my ladies do especially well in an open discuusion environment.
I also find that they will ask more questions if the classroom is open
to free discussion.  Btw- my ladies outnumber the gents about 3-1.
Most of my students are WIA-sponsored and seem to be well-motivated to
do well, because they cannot go on to core courses without achieving
an overall 85%.

JMW

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question