Q&A #522

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Teaching subtraction

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: dot

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004011319:55:14
Subject: Re: Re: Re: teaching substraction(sic) & in refrence(sic) to barrowing(sic)

Hi, My name is dot. I have a second grader who is just beginning to learn about carrying and borrowing. He is so frustrated in learning this new math to him. I agree there is several ways to get a child to understand about this math. I don't know exactly what format his teacher is using, but, whatever it is he has not gotten it yet at school. I started working with him at home and that night before we finished I saw a smile on his face as a sign of relief I GOT IT !!! He was doing the 3 digit substrations. I would really love someone to give me the best way that has worked for their students or their 2nd grader who is not talented and gifted. Thank you, Desperate needs advice to help a 2nd grader succeed and feel good and confident in knowing.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®