From: Laura <ambrlaura@msn.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2005111620:56:36
Subject: Re: finger methed to the nines works with subtracting also

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to reply to Deanna's nine methed,and let everyone know that
this can be done along with subtracting also:
"The nine methed is multipling nines with your fingers".

as far as I can see it only works for 10-20-30-40-50-60-70-80-90-100'

Tip: always drop the number in the tens place to one number lower and
don't forget the number, then work with you fingers to get the answer
to what your subtracting and the apply both numbers, I hope this makes
since

Ok, Let try it:

70-6 =  All you need to do to find out the answer is turn the 7 in
seventy into a 6 then remember this for a little bit, then hold all of
your fingers up, fold six fingers down,you should have 4 fingers up
and if you put the six with 4 you should have your answer. 70-6=64

Lets try another one:

30-8=

Turn the three into a 2 in the number thirty, now remember the two for
a little bit, now hold up all of your fingers, fold down eight
fingers, you should have 2 fingers up now put the numbers together
30-8=22 this is a eazy way to subtract,and students love it, I hope
you can share this with them.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®