From: Owen <owenbprince@htomail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007102618:21:28
Subject: Re: Multiplication with your ten fingers

To Jo:

  You said that the students that you work with had been taught finger
math and dot math.  Please take the time to look up Dot Math for kids
on the internet with google search key and you will find that your
students were not taught Dot Math they were taught Touch Math.  These
are two very different and opposite systems.  From your experince you
point out that Touch Math will hinder further higher math
computations.  From my experince I found the same thing but this is
not the case with Dot Math.  The DotMath for kids system does not have
any of these problems that you found in your students that were taught
touch math.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®