Q&A #5245

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Multiplication with your ten fingers

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Owen

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007102618:21:28
Subject: Re: Multiplication with your ten fingers

To Jo: You said that the students that you work with had been taught finger math and dot math. Please take the time to look up Dot Math for kids on the internet with google search key and you will find that your students were not taught Dot Math they were taught Touch Math. These are two very different and opposite systems. From your experince you point out that Touch Math will hinder further higher math computations. From my experince I found the same thing but this is not the case with Dot Math. The DotMath for kids system does not have any of these problems that you found in your students that were taught touch math.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®