From: W. Blair <Wrodrigu@dps.k12.oh.us>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004032119:33:22
Subject: Re: same to fifh grade student with Asperger's and Adhd possible Dyslexia

I am a special education teacher working with the OHI population.
During my 24 years of experience, I have tought 3 children with
Asperger. Two excelled in Math, and the third one is struggling. I
copy problem solving strategies and keep them in a binder for him to
use. I also allowed a calculator. I start all new material copying the
problems for him with 2/3 of the strategy or problem solved. As he
understand the process, I copy less, until he is able to do it all.

Good Luck!
Wilma

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question