From: Jennifer Knight

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003110623:59:26
Subject: odd math question

My teacher told the class if we could get this right we would get extra credit on our next test. She said to get the help any way we could because it was very tricky. ok here it goes. Pick a number over one-thousand but not like 1111 it has to be something like 1,234 then take that number and re-arrange it like 3,421 and then subtract the greater number of the to. so it would be 3,421-1,234 so it would be 2,187 then out of those numbers pick one number so i would for intance pick the 7. she then takes the paper with 218 on it and not the 7 and she comes up with me picking the number 7. The thing is picking any number over 1,000. So any help would be helpful.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/