From: Michelle

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002011414:14:29
Subject: Re: Calculating percents

end of previous message... (A few unfortunate keystrokes and I accidentally posted the last message before I had completed it - sorry) ...they have to calculate the DISCOUNT % mentally and use that number in the proportion. It takes some practice in setting up and solving proportions, but once they are comfortable, they can learn to reduce the numbers in the proportion (where possible) and it makes the process of solving much easier and quicker. It's helped lots of students!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/