From: Michelle <michelleahlam@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002011414:14:29
Subject: Re: Calculating percents

end of previous message...

(A few unfortunate keystrokes and I accidentally posted the last
message before I had completed it - sorry)

...they have to calculate the DISCOUNT % mentally and use that number
in the proportion.

It takes some practice in setting up and solving proportions, but once
they are comfortable, they can learn to reduce the numbers in the
proportion (where possible) and it makes the process of solving much
easier and quicker. It's helped lots of students!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/