Q&A #5442

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Percentage of change

T2T || FAQ || Teachers' Lounge || Browse || Search || T2T Associates || About T2T

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Loyd

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003052210:34:10

On 2003052204:49:51, ADEL wrote: > >HOW CAN I CALCULATE THE PERCENTAGE OF CHANGE FOR TWO NUMBERS? > EXAMPLE: SPARE PARTS CONSUMTION 2002 = 130000 > SPARE PARTS CONSUMTION 2003 = 120000 > This is what is known as percent of decrease. You divide the decrease by what you decreased from: For example: (130000-120000)/130000= 10000/130000 = approx .0769. You can convert that to percent by multiplying by 100. Thus, the answer is 7.69% Percent of increase is the same idea. Divide the increase by what you increased from.

Post a reply to this message
Post a related public discussion message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

[Privacy Policy] [Terms of Use]

Math Forum Home || The Math Library || Quick Reference || Math Forum Search

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
© 1994- The Math Forum at NCTM. All rights reserved.