From: Carrie <shnkwlrs@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001011121:51:36
Subject: 100 day activities

Hello, Amelia,
When I taught a primary multi-age classrom, the 100th day was one of
my favorites.

One thing I did with my students was give each "architect" 100 mini
(stale) marshmallows and 100 toothpicks. Their task was to work with a
partner to design, create and then sketch a marshmallow tower. This
was a great opportunity for them to explore the number 100 in addition
to spatial sense and the physics involved in trying to design a
structure that could stay standing (Students had the option to break
toothpicks if necessary.)

Here's another one: Usually the 100th day falls sometime around
Valentine's Day. So we created a bulletin board called "100 Kind
Words." Students brainstormed words that felt kind to them. This is an
ideal opportunity to introduce a thesaurus or synonym finder.

Here are a few more:
- 100 math facts
- 100 names
- 100 things to be thankful for