Q&A #5464

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: 100th Day activities

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Roseann

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001011513:34:03
Subject: 100th Day

Here are some of the activities I've done with students to celebrate the 100th Day: *Have the students trace their feet on construction paper and cut them out. On each paper foot, they should write their name. On one foot they should write Step 1 and on the other foot, Step 100. Step 1 should be taped on the floor by their workspace. The student then takes 100 steps away from their workspace. (either their normal paces or toe-heel, this should be decided ahead of time by the group) The student should tape down Step 100 wherever they land. This is fun because you see the colorful feet all over the building. •Everyone brings in 100 pieces of a small snack item. Mix them all together in a huge bowl or pot and then everyone counts out 100 pieces of the mix for their snack. Each student can then sort their snack and make a graph with the snack and also on graph paper. Compare graphs. •Have kids choose an activity -jumping jacks, toe touches, sit ups, etc. Ask them to estimate how long it will take them to do 100 of their chosen activity. Have a partner time them as they do the activity and count for themselves. Create a large chart for everyone to record their name, activity, estimate, and actual performance. •Have everyone bring in a collection of 100 things- pictures, pennies, socks, I had student bring in 100 Beanie Babies. Compare the space taken up by the different collections. This spurred an impromtu discussion on volume in one of my classes.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®