Q&A #561

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Borrowing in mathematics

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Owen

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007032814:30:54
Subject: Re: Regrouping

Gail said "There are chip trading games out there, too, but I am not sure who sells them. You assign a value to each color, using the place value amounts (I would use a different base at first, just to make it quicker). So if you were using base 4, then yellow might be 1, blue might be worth one four, red worth four squared (16), and black worth 4 cubed (64) etc., just like our tens system goes." Hi: My name is Owen and I have a money calculator under the tools tab on my web site that you can use colored chips to help explain number sense, place value, how and why to carry when adding and subrtacting. You can find the site with a search box" put "DotMath for kids" as the search words. Owen

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®