From: Owen <owenbprince@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007032813:30:54
Subject: Re: Regrouping

  Gail said "There are chip trading games out there, too, but I am not
sure who sells them. You assign a value to each color, using the place
value amounts (I would use a different base at first, just to make it
quicker).  So if you were using base 4, then yellow might be 1, blue
might be worth one four, red worth four squared (16), and black worth
4 cubed (64) etc., just like our tens system goes."

Hi:

  My name is Owen and I have a money calculator under the tools tab on
my web site that you can use colored chips to help explain number
sense, place value, how and why to carry when adding and subrtacting.

   You can find the site with a search box"
put  "DotMath for kids"   as the search words.

Owen

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®