Q&A #561

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Borrowing in mathematics

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Margaret Mcginnis

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000062214:00:19
Subject: Subtracton - borrowing from 10's

When teachers send homework home they expect us Grand-parents to know the method being taught in school. I can do math with no problem but teaching the concept to my Hanna is another thing all together. Tonight I was trying to explain ones and tens columns, and how you have to borrow one from the tens column but it is only a 1 added to the ones column. Can you help me simplify this for me so I can pass it on to the child so she can understand.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®