From: Margaret Mcginnis
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000062213:00:19
Subject: Subtracton - borrowing from 10's

When teachers send homework home they expect us Grand-parents to know
the method being taught in school.  I can do math with no problem but
teaching the concept to my Hanna is another thing all together.
Tonight I was trying to explain ones and tens columns, and how you
have to borrow one from the tens column but it is only a 1 added to
the ones column.  Can you help me simplify this for me so I can pass
it on to the child so she can understand.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/