From: howard bennett <crusty_freddy@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004031722:05:16
Subject: real world application

Hello fellow maths teachers I have stumbled across this webside and
found very interesting and and informative.

I am a grade 10 and 11 teacher at an inner city high school in
Jamaica. the students are from depressed communities where crime (
drugs, gang fight,killing, causual sex) is an everyday reality for
them. I am trying to impress upon them the realities of mathematics
applications in the 'real world' but They do not seem to be able to
make the connections. I am seeking suggestions that could help me to
prepare a lesson in this recard. thank you.

Howard Bennett.

Montego Bay jamaica.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question