From: howard bennett

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004031722:05:16
Subject: real world application

Hello fellow maths teachers I have stumbled across this webside and found very interesting and and informative. I am a grade 10 and 11 teacher at an inner city high school in Jamaica. the students are from depressed communities where crime ( drugs, gang fight,killing, causual sex) is an everyday reality for them. I am trying to impress upon them the realities of mathematics applications in the 'real world' but They do not seem to be able to make the connections. I am seeking suggestions that could help me to prepare a lesson in this recard. thank you. Howard Bennett. Montego Bay jamaica.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/