From: Debra Whiting <mrsweather4him@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007012712:45:52
Subject: Re: teaching maths to grade 1 (6 year old) that are slow learners

You have to use counters/objects.  This helps them see and understand
the facts.   We also drill the facts orally in class using flashcards.
I always ask the parents to purchase or make flashcards to drill with
their child at home.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®