Q&A #5858

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Teaching strategy for slow learners

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: susan caro

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2008070101:19:09
Subject: Re: Re: slow learner

I agree with your explanation of the best way to reach the slow learner student. I would like to interject another great way to assist the students with their comprehension of the text that they are struggling with. I like to incorporate arts and crafts projects that help them understand the problem, make math a fun lesson rather than a boring one, allow for creative thinking, and help students feel that they want to put forth their best shot. This was very helpful when I was teaching graphs. We experimented ( working in small groups) what the outcome would be when stacking textbooks atop base made of paper. After working on this we graphed our results. What a fun and educational lesson this was!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®