From: susan caro <morahsusie@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2008070101:19:09
Subject: Re: Re: slow learner

I agree with your explanation of the best way to reach the slow
learner student.  I would like to interject another great way to
assist the students with their comprehension of the text that they are
struggling with.  I like to incorporate arts and crafts projects that
help them understand the problem, make math a fun lesson rather than a
boring one, allow for creative thinking, and help students feel that
they want to put forth their best shot.  This was very helpful when I
was teaching graphs. We experimented ( working in small groups) what
the outcome would be when stacking textbooks atop base made of paper.
After working on this we graphed our results. What a fun and
educational lesson this was!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®