From: nora

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2008021905:28:55
Subject: Reading

I have few students in my kindergarten that are really slow in learning to read. The reason i said so is because i have been teaching these few students since few months back the basic sounds of the alphabets and still they are unable to remember. Writing is another problem. They do not write neatly and they do not write using the right way to write the alphabets i.e. writing the 'a' from down to up or side ways. I have been putting these students to lower age group hoping that they do not get low self-esteem when other peers of the same age are able to write and read better. What else should i do to promote reading in my school. Please help. Thanks

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/