From: Kit <sunnyiek@gmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2008041807:09:36
Subject: Identifying slow learners and lazy learners

I am a school teacher as well as a tutor. I teach both mathematics and
physics.

I can accept slow learners and be very patient with them. How do we
differentiate slow learners and lazy learners?

Some students are lazy and expect us to explain in detail than to
think through it themselves. Mental persistence and thought process is
very important. I see our brain like a muscle. It is like running a
marathon, in order to learn in great leaps, we need to inculcate
mental persistent.

I do not want to be too harsh and frighten the slow learners. But yet
do not want to allow the lazy (but fast) learners to perform less than
their potential.

Anyone has any idea to share?

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question