From: owen <owenbprince@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2008052014:38:42
Subject: Re: Re: Identifying slow learners and lazy learners

From: B. Wilson <espamcatcher@myway.com>

I have noticed when given shortened projects that can be completed
quickly, slow learners may not learn as much as fast learners but can
still absorb core concepts.  A sense of accomplishment seems to act as
a great ego boost and powers the slow learner into the next project.

I am trying to find the right balance of proven techniques for a "test
subject" I am working with.

Thoughts?  Suggestions?  Comments?

To:  B. Wilson
You said "I am trying to find the right balance of proven
          techniques for a "test subject" I am working with."
          and wanted thoughts suggestions and comments.

  You will find the "DotMath for kids" material will be very helpful
in explaining math.  You can make the lesson shorter for the slow
learners but the lesson plan can be adjusted to help all students
(k-4) learn math faster.  The grapics are large to help the student
focus on the lesson material and you can download them from the
"Dotmath for kids" website for free.  Type "dotmath for kids" into you
web search box and you will be able to find the site.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/