From: Patricia Hernandez <ninjarugrats@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004020513:51:31
Subject: 3rd grader...how to teach her multiplication tables

	I am currently tutoring a very bright, recently diagnosed 3rd grader
(ADHD) in math. She does not seem to have the ability to memorize any
basic math facts so mulitiplication is a disaster! We have been going
thru  flashcards for addition and subtraction 2x weekly and she still
uses finger-counting for problems such as 11-5 and 6 + 7. Since the
current curriculum requires the solidification of these math facts to
"keep up", where is the best place to start?

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/