From: Suzanne A.
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2000062210:15:51
Subject: Re: Teaching maths to blind child

I have two thoughts that I hope will be useful for you. First, there
is a very good site on the abacus which might be helpful:

The Abacus: The Art of Calculating with Beads - Luis Fernandes
http://www.ee.ryerson.ca/~elf/abacus/

My second thought was to provide you with some online resources that
are specifically for the blind. I don't know of anything that is just
for mathematics but it might be possible that you could contact these
people and they could provide you with the information you need.

Blind Children's Center
http://www.blindcntr.org/start.htm

The Internet Resources for Special Children (IRSC)
http://www.irsc.org/blind.htm

I hope that helps.

 -Suzanne A., for the Teacher2Teacher service

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/