From: Marilyn Williams <williamsmj@bps-OK.org>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006042717:31:57
Subject: Teaching Algebra to a Profoundly Deaf Student

I've had a pre-algebra student all year-profoundly deaf since birth,
bright, inquisitive, will not allow herself to get less than an A in
any class. She comes to all core classes with a gifted interpreter.
But our experience this year seems to bode poorly for next year in
Algebra I.  Her frustration is growing as the material gets more
abstract.  Isn't there someone, somewhere, who has broken through and
taught Algebra to such a student before?  I know about and have used
Algebra tiles for years, will be sharing all that with the
interpreter. But is there more?  Thank you for reading this and
especially thanks if you respond.  M Williams, Bartlesville OK

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/