From: Josh Rappaport <josh@singingturtle.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2009102423:34:30
Subject: Helping blind students learn pre-algebra and algebra

Hello,

I am the author and publisher of supplemental math materials, and we
are finding that our books are particularly useful in helping blind
students grasp concepts in pre-algebra and algebra.

We have a manipulative-based program for teaching the rules for
working with positive and negative numbers, and this is particularly
useful, as blind students can grasp and work with foam manipulatives
that represent positive numbers, negative numbers, and 0.

Check this out at:

http://www.singingturtle.com/pages/ADMINISTRATORS3.html

Let us know if you would like to test out this product with the blind.

We also have a very friendly guide to algebra, the Algebra Survival
Guide, which can be brailled. We have been told by a teacher of the
blind in TX that this book is very helpful at getting across algebraic
concepts to the blind.

You can check this out at:

http://www.singingturtle.com/pages/ADMINISTRATORS1.html

Please let us know if you have any questions about our products.

Keep up the great work, and we hope to be in touch.

Best regards,
  Josh Rappaport
Author and Publisher
Singing Turtle Press