From: Owen
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006090714:00:38
Subject: Re: math 4th grade

Dear Gabriela:

     You asked: “How do you find the missing number on a decimal
something like this:
84/100=0.?4 can you help me on this? Thank you from now. Because I
forget how to do it and need to explain to my son.”

The answer is:
   When you divide by 10 you move the decimal point one place to the
left.  Whey you divide by 100 you move the decimal point two places to
the left. your answer would be  0.84 because you move the decimal
point two places left.    The slash means to divide so 84 divided by
100 is  0.84.  You can type this into your calculator to test the
answer.   You can get free help from the DotMath for kids web site at

http://dotmath.tripod.com/

If you click on this address with your mouse it will take you there.

Owen

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®