From: sselby <sselby@ualberta.ca>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007101617:07:12
Subject: ordering mixed fractions with whole numbers

Is there a pattern to ordering mixed fractions such that you do not
have to go to the common denominator for the list to determine the
order?
E. g. 5 1/8, 5 3/4, 3 17/6, 5 23/24 - smallest to biggest
I want to put them into common mixed form (common denominator) to make
sure. I wonder if I don't have to based on some strategies/patterns
like based on smallest denominator or numerator etc - it might save
time?
thank you in advance.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question