From: Jessie <jmilenne@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001072211:09:29
Subject: Illinois State University student

My name is Jessie and I'm currently enrolled in a summer math class
that is directed towards teaching elementary math.  For the past
several weeks we have been discussing fractions and the best
methodology for teaching young children strategies.  I would highly
suggest that when explaining any type of mathematical operation with
fractions you use manipulatives.  The best types for understanding
fractions are pattern blocks and fraction circles.  Through these
manipulatives your child will be able to understand fractions much
better.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®