From: Jessie

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001072212:09:29
Subject: Illinois State University student

My name is Jessie and I'm currently enrolled in a summer math class that is directed towards teaching elementary math. For the past several weeks we have been discussing fractions and the best methodology for teaching young children strategies. I would highly suggest that when explaining any type of mathematical operation with fractions you use manipulatives. The best types for understanding fractions are pattern blocks and fraction circles. Through these manipulatives your child will be able to understand fractions much better.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/