Q&A #5962

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Multiplying fractions

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: OP

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006061313:17:18
Subject: Re: Explaining Multiplying Fractions

I think Ron, Gail, Jeanne and Suzanne have done a very good job explaining this concept. There are times when we give our best effort and the student still does not understand what we are trying to explain. This may be because he does not understand the words that you are using to describe the problem. In my research I found out about a tribe of people that had a limit of three in their language. They went one, two, three and many. This person may need more help in understanding language before you will be able to help him understand math. I hope this helps. You may want to look at the DotMath for kids web site to see if anything there would be of help to you in teaching math. The site is at http://dotmath.tripod.com/ Owen

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®