From: Solomon <solomon@uniquemath.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2003072300:09:33
Subject: Multiplying fractions

I am surprised to see such a question for discussion.
Why Are We Teaching Mathematics?. This question should be answered
each time we teach a new concept.
We teach Counting First.
We Teach Addition/Subtraction To simplify of Counting.
We Teach Multiplication/Division To simplify Addition/Subtraction.
We Teach Exponents/Radicals To simplify Multiplication/Division.

We Teach Integers to simplify the concept of subtraction.? 4 - 7
We Teach Fractions to simplify the concept of subtraction.??

If the concepts above are made clear then teaching becomes an easy
job.
Solomon

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question