Q&A #5986

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Teaching the basic concepts of math

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Laura

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007060315:05:37
Subject: New to Teaching Special Ed Math

Hello, I am a recent college graduate and have been hired to teach Resource Math to students grades 2nd-5th grade. In college oddly enough they did not really teach us strategies for teaching math, especially to students with learning difficulities. I was wanting to know if anyone out there has some good learning strategies to teach students. The first unit I will start teaching will be place value. As experienced teachers how did all of you learn a variety of learning strategies? Are there websites out there or any resources you would suggest?

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®