Q&A #6013

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: How Pi fits into the K-12 curriculum

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: owen

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2008013017:44:19
Subject: about pi

When I went to school I was never taught what pi was -just a number that we use in a formula. I took two years of drafting and still did not know anything about pi. One day I got a book called the history of pi and it explained it so well That I was able to make a chart to compare the circle, triangle and square. I did not think there was much interest in pi and was surprised to find out you teach it to such young students. I have a website to teach the basics addition, subtraction, times tables, and division but have not yet put the pi chart up. You can find the site called "dotmath for kids" with google. You can get my email address from the site and request a copy of the pi chart. owen

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®