From: owen <owenbprince@hotmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2008013017:44:19
Subject: about pi

  When I went to school I was never taught what pi was -just a number
that we use in a formula.  I took two years of drafting and still did
not know anything about pi.   One day I got a book called the history
of pi and it explained it so well That I was able to make a chart to
compare the circle, triangle and square.   I did not think there was
much interest in pi and was surprised to find out you teach it  to
such young students.  I have a website to teach the basics addition,
subtraction, times tables, and division but have not yet put the pi
chart up.  You can find the site called   "dotmath for kids"  with
google.  You can get my email address from the site and request a copy
of the pi chart.

owen

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question