Q&A #6030

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: GCF & LCM factor trees

View entire discussion
[<< prev]

From: Phil Stone

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2004022115:27:51
Subject: Re: GCF & LCM factor trees

I'm student teaching in a fifth grade class, and have taken over the math from my mentor teacher. Currently, we are learning about fractions, GCF's, LCM's, LCD's, etc. Factor trees were introduced early in the unit because it helps students visualize the factors in a given number. It's almost like a graphic representation of breaking a number into factors. I think they are an effective tool.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®