From: Jaclyn Reeves

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002111211:18:17
Subject: Strategies to assist a direct modeler

Hello,

I am in the math semester of my teacher training program and am
learning about CGI.  I currently am working in a first grade classroom
and have a student who is a direct modeler.  She relies on cubes to
solve any type of problem.  However, even though she relies on these
cubes, she does not seem confident with them.  She recounts things
numerous times.  Also, she struggles with being able to recognize the
different types of CGI problems.  She solves just about every problem
as if it is a join or seperate result unknown.  What instructional
strategies should I use with her to build up her confidence and assist
her in solving multiple types of problems?

Thanks.
Jaclyn

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question