Q&A #6031

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Cognitively guided instruction

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Jaclyn Reeves

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002111211:18:17
Subject: Strategies to assist a direct modeler

Hello, I am in the math semester of my teacher training program and am learning about CGI. I currently am working in a first grade classroom and have a student who is a direct modeler. She relies on cubes to solve any type of problem. However, even though she relies on these cubes, she does not seem confident with them. She recounts things numerous times. Also, she struggles with being able to recognize the different types of CGI problems. She solves just about every problem as if it is a join or seperate result unknown. What instructional strategies should I use with her to build up her confidence and assist her in solving multiple types of problems? Thanks. Jaclyn

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®