From: Michelle

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006071812:45:51
Subject: Re: Sequence for Alg II and Geometry

I have taught in two different high schools that go in sequence of Alg I, Geometry, Alg II. They key that I have found is to integrate algebra problems within the Geometry. This keeps the alg skills up while students are learning about Geometry. Its not hard to do: When teaching angles, create alg problems. ex: 2x + 7x = 90 complimentry angles. Its a matter of making a point of integration it as you go and making an effort to create alg problems as you go. Each year you slowly build your amount of questions and then you have a program that has alg in your geometry.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/