Q&A #6214

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Math Sequence

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Amy

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002111716:16:24
Subject: Re: Teaching addition and subtraction to 1's

Hi Karen, I am currently teaching an intersession class for First Graders and have come to discover that they are not only full of boundless energy but they also love to manipulate things. So, I have created work areas where they can go and explore addition and subtraction with a collection of old buttons my Grandmother left me (I made up math sentences on sentence strips to go along), sorting and classifing with the plastic clips they put on loaves of bread, etc. The best advice is be creative and always have the children evaluate their work. Amy

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®