From: OP

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006092119:38:00
Subject: Re: Teaching addition and subtraction to 1's

Dear Karen: You can get free graphics to teach addition and subtraction from the DotMath for kids web site. Last night I taugh a child in grade five who was not able to add or subtract any numbers. I taught him the DotMath in about an hour. I then gave him a test and he got 100% on both addition and subtraction. Not all students will learn this fast but I think you will find it very helpful. The site is at: http://dotmath.tripod.com/ From: Karen Subject: Teaching addition and subtraction to 1's Hello! I am a first year teacher in a grade one class. All of the training is with older students, therefore all of my resources are for the older grades. I was wondering if anyone has an ideas for fun and exciting, yet productive ways to teach addition and subtraction. I am in a very isolated community where the resources are scarce, and therefore I have limited materials with which to teach...so if you could also let me know of some websites that have valuable worksheets or locations of textbook stores in Canada from whom I could purchase textbooks that would be very helpful. Thank you very much for your time and I hope to hear from you soon. Sincerely, Karen

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/