Q&A #6214

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Math Sequence

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: OP
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006092119:38:00
Subject: Re: Teaching addition and subtraction to 1's

Dear Karen:

    You can get free graphics to teach addition and subtraction from
the DotMath for kids web site.  Last night I taugh a child in grade
five who was not able to add or subtract any numbers.  I taught him
the DotMath in about an hour.  I then gave him a test and he got 100%
on both addition and subtraction.  Not all students will learn this
fast but I think you will find it very helpful.

    The site is at:

From: Karen
Subject: Teaching addition and subtraction to 1's

   Hello!  I am a first year teacher in a grade one class.  All of the
training is with older students, therefore all of my resources are for
the older grades.  I was wondering if anyone has an ideas for fun and
exciting, yet productive ways to teach addition and subtraction.  I am
in a very isolated community where the resources are scarce, and
therefore I have limited materials with which to teach...so if you
could also let me know of some websites that have valuable worksheets
or locations of textbook stores in Canada from whom I could purchase
textbooks that would be very helpful.  Thank you very much for your
time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely, Karen

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question