From: Karen Smith

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007072513:23:16
Subject: Re: Everyday Math Program

I piloted Everyday Math for sixth grade a few years ago. I found that it did not prepare my students for the pre-algebra they'd be learning in 7th grade. The lessons were disjointed and there was inadequate mastery. The district adopted the program for grades K - 5 and it has been in place for 5 years now. The kids I get in my classroom now are at a big loss when it comes to knowing basic math facts. Despite this, our test scores have continued to rise and now we are adopting Everyday Math in 6th grade. I am beside myself!!!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/