From: Karen Smith <kl1smith@comcast.net>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007072512:23:16
Subject: Re: Everyday Math Program

I piloted Everyday Math for sixth grade a few years ago. I found that
it did not prepare my students for the pre-algebra they'd be learning
in 7th grade. The lessons were disjointed and there was inadequate
mastery.  The district adopted the program for grades K - 5 and it has
been in place for 5 years now.  The kids I get in my classroom now are
at a big loss when it comes to knowing basic math facts.  Despite
this, our test scores have continued to rise and now we are adopting
Everyday Math in 6th grade.  I am beside myself!!!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/