From: Barbara <BarbaraLutts@gmail.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2012022502:08:31
Subject: Re: Everyday Math Program

BRAVO!   You make your point and I agree 100%

Everyday Math complicates things unnecessarily at a level that needs
simplicity--aka a "foundation".  Those who will excel at Math will do
so from there.  The  fundamental basics are being lost (and creating
low self esteem in our children).  Rote memorization works
wonders.....too bad our school boards couldn't realize this.

Clearly the University of Chicago had a great team of sales people.
My question is did they have kids in K-12?

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/