From: Brenda Benson <brenda.benson@princeton,k12.mn.us>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002042311:17:11
Subject: Everyday Math-How to generate support

Dear Blair-
     Hi!  My name is Brenda Benson and I teach 3rd grade in Princeton,
Minnesota.  We are currently adopting a new math program and one of
our options in Everyday Math.  As I have looked over the materials
I've become very excited about the positive aspects I see in this
integrated approach to math.  Unfortunately, other staff members only
see that this program is radically different to the current
traditional program we have in place.  I am a member of the committee
that will decide which approach we will take, traditional or
integrated, and was wondering if you had any ideas of how I could help
my staff see the value in this new approach.  How do I sell them on
what they see as "new" math?  Any input you would have would be
greatly appreciated!  Thanks, Brenda

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®