From: Brenda Benson

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002042312:17:11
Subject: Everyday Math-How to generate support

Dear Blair- Hi! My name is Brenda Benson and I teach 3rd grade in Princeton, Minnesota. We are currently adopting a new math program and one of our options in Everyday Math. As I have looked over the materials I've become very excited about the positive aspects I see in this integrated approach to math. Unfortunately, other staff members only see that this program is radically different to the current traditional program we have in place. I am a member of the committee that will decide which approach we will take, traditional or integrated, and was wondering if you had any ideas of how I could help my staff see the value in this new approach. How do I sell them on what they see as "new" math? Any input you would have would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Brenda

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/