From: Laura Wallin

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007080221:42:40
Subject: Re: inclusion

Dear Jill- We have been using Everyday Math in our district for a year(full implementation). I have sped teachers that come into the classroom and work with the students in an inclusion setting. Everyday Math is very easy to differentiate for the lower level learners, but it still exposes them to grade level competencies. Therefore, their math scores on testing have been much higher. I do find that even though their scores are higher, they still can have significant holes in their understanding, and that it shows back up due to the spiraling of Everyday Math. I beleive that remediation to fill in the gaps, along with the spiraling of Everyday Math is the best approach. Not remediating the gaps has been a problem in our district. I hope this helps!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®
http://mathforum.org/