From: Laura Wallin <swallin@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2007080220:42:40
Subject: Re: inclusion

Dear Jill- We have been using Everyday Math in our district for a
year(full implementation).  I have sped teachers that come into the
classroom and work with the students in an inclusion setting.
Everyday Math is very easy to differentiate for the lower level
learners, but it still exposes them to grade level competencies.
Therefore, their math scores on testing have been much higher.  I do
find that even though their scores are higher, they still can have
significant holes in their understanding, and that it shows back up
due to the spiraling of Everyday Math.  I beleive that remediation to
fill in the gaps, along with the spiraling of Everyday Math is the
best approach.  Not remediating the gaps has been a problem in our
district.  I hope this helps!

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®