From: Deborah <djsteacg@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2002020310:51:53
Subject: Re: Everyday Math Program

This is my second year using the program with my third graders.  The
program started with a pilot program in kindergarten and then the rest
of us were brought in last year.  It can be overwheming in the first
year, especially if the children haven't been exposed the year before.
We have been lucky to have a math consultant, who had exstensive
experience with the program, guide us through it. My less able
students, who go to resource room, are using the program which is
modified for them.  My ESL child finds it very difficult because is is
so language based.  The parent component can present difficulties.
Parents are asked and encouraged to help out with the homework. Parent
letters and information are an intrical part of the program, but
parents must be willing to do this. My students are enthusiastic and
do enjoy the games. I do feel much more comfortable with the program
this year then last. I would highly recommend it, but be aware it
takes time to get into the flow.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®