Teacher2Teacher

Q&A #6250

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: The effect of consistent evaluation on student morale

View entire discussion

From: LSG <paulisa2001us@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2001101309:59:09
Subject: response to message

I entered the Math Forum for an assignment in my Master's Math/Sci
course.  My primary teaching area is actually life science.  The
original author brings up an interesting area for further discussion,
does "consistent" which I thought meant constant, evaluation affect a
average student's morale ?  My current high school students are averge
and below in achievement, attendance, and attitide toward school.  I
have found the fewer # of "tests" I give, the better their attitude
toward the material and me seems to be.  I give more informal
assessments, small projects, etc with this audience.  Some day perhaps
I will get a group of self-motivated kids that I can use mor
traditional methods with.  I am currently gathering data in this area
for my master's project, so I'll write back later.

Bonjour!
LSG

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question