From: Gary Feeley <feeleydwn69@aol.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006011917:28:47
Subject: Math-methods for first graders

I have recently made aware that my six year old is struggling with
subtration in class. He tried to overcome this problem himself, by
using his fingers to visually see the answers. The problem with that
is his teacher told him that this method is not allowed and that he
had to do his calculations in his head. what are your views on
teaching/learning methods for this age group? He is enrolled in a New
York State public school if that matters any.I will appreciate any
response. Thank you.

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®