From: Phuong <dpvu2001@yahoo.com>
To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006102019:34:53
Subject: Re: Grading / Marking Maths Homework

hi there, i'm a middle school math teacher, but we are a very small
school, so i have to teach 3 different math classes (8th, 7th, and
accelerated 7th).  i have small class size but due to the differences
in HW, i cannot check every single problem in the HW for every
student.  so at the beginning of the class, i have students work on
"the problem of the day", while i go around checking HW, then, i go
over HW problems, and students have the opportunity to correct their
own work.  couple times a week, i collect HW just to make sure the
students actually do their own correction.  HW is one point each, and
at our school, we have zero tolerance, so if a student does not do his
HW, s/he gets a zero, except for illness or family emergency.
vacation is not an excuse for missed HW.  i don't accept late HW,
period!
hope this help :)

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question