Q&A #6340

Teachers' Lounge Discussion: Late Assignments

View entire discussion
[<< prev] [ next >>]

From: Phuong

To: Teacher2Teacher Public Discussion
Date: 2006102019:34:53
Subject: Re: Grading / Marking Maths Homework

hi there, i'm a middle school math teacher, but we are a very small school, so i have to teach 3 different math classes (8th, 7th, and accelerated 7th). i have small class size but due to the differences in HW, i cannot check every single problem in the HW for every student. so at the beginning of the class, i have students work on "the problem of the day", while i go around checking HW, then, i go over HW problems, and students have the opportunity to correct their own work. couple times a week, i collect HW just to make sure the students actually do their own correction. HW is one point each, and at our school, we have zero tolerance, so if a student does not do his HW, s/he gets a zero, except for illness or family emergency. vacation is not an excuse for missed HW. i don't accept late HW, period! hope this help :)

Post a reply to this message
Ask Teacher2Teacher a new question

Teacher2Teacher - T2T ®